Friday, September 7, 2007

Project Genisis

Hello those of you interested in my project, I have chosen to create my Design portfolio as part of my IT475 class. In the past I have tried to squeeze in portfolio work into my school/ work routine with some success, however I am at the point in my life that I simply must dedicate more of my time to portfolio generation. My solution was to place a fire under my feet in order to make a goal/dream with an infinite time limit into a well defined project.

I have a number of existing projects in one stage of development or another, the goal of this project will be finish those that require more work and to bring everything together in a concise well thought out document. As part of the project I will be learning how to use the Adobe InDesign CS3 program in conjunction with features of Photoshop CS3 and Ilistrator CS3; the asperation is to make the document exude a caliber of personal branding destine to snatch the attention of potental graduate schools and internship oppertunities.

All questions and comments are welcome, I appreciate your poking holes in my work after all that's how we learn to work at a higher level.

BD

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Design on time project strategy:

Mission:
The creation of a comprehensive project framework based upon an underlying platform, with the intention of exuding a strong sense of style and professional development.

Project Objectives:
1. To culminate a group of individual loosely related projects into an adaptable collection.

2. Create a portfolio in a manner that makes it easily presentable.

3. To establish through the portfolio a personal branding which ties together the individual components.

4. Create a portfolio within the time limit of the fall 2007 semester.


Project Requirements:
1. Continuing time and commitment from myself (Ben Davis)

2. Development of a template in which a variety of individual projects can be formatted.

3. A continuing passion for design, project management and pursuit of higher education.